A trademark may consist of any signs, in particular words, including personal names, or designs, letters, numerals, colours, the shape of goods or of the packaging of goods, or sounds, provided that such signs are capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one undertaking from those of other undertakings; and being represented in a manner which enables the competent authorities and the public to determine the clear and precise subject matter of the protection afforded to its proprietor.
The role of a trademark is to distinguish products/ services of one company from the products / sercices of its competitors. Registeres trademarks possess a certain value and can serve as a tool of promotion and increasing of the level of reputation of a brand.
In the field of trademarks, Kancelaria Patentowa Patentbox provides following services:
- trademark registrability analysis (in Poland, European Union, and most of the countries in the world)
- filing polish, european and international trademark applications
- representing our Clients before the Polish Patent Office, European Union Intellectual Property Office in Alicante and International Bureau of the World Intellectual Property Organization in Geneva – in application, opposition and revocation proceedings
- representing our Clients in cases of trademark infringement
- mediation in cases of trademarks infringement
- legal help in cases of transfer or licensing of trademarks
- trademark monitoring services (Poland, European Union, World, selected countries)